[Harp-L] cover supports for Hohner 270 Deluxes and similar instruments

just in case any chromatic harmonica players are even later to the Parade than I am, as regards the "all too easily lost"  cover supports for wooden comb hohner 270 or deluxe or any other brand where they've not updated their cover support system in forever.....

Dick Gardner sent me a great bit on various ways to make supports that make them easier to track....one of them spoke to me more than the others...

Really simple, he said to take a strong paper clip, and rebend it to fit into the cover support holes... a U-shaped piece... one per side.

I'd never thought of that before.... duh....and did make one set out of a couple of old paper clips, but that didn't cost enough....it's not only that I need to spend more money on my music business so I can pay less taxes, but the idea of holding my deluxes together with a paper clip just seemed wrong.

So I went to ace hardware, over here in Berkeley, and bought some .047" music wire and made a bunch of  u-shaped brackets, put them in place, in the first three chromatics I saw on my desk here,  and now I can put the old cover supports directly into the vacuum cleaner, instead of waiting for them to migrate there as Nature Intended.

If anyone an come up with a nice workable pun about Nature Abhorring a Vacuum, let me know, I really tried my best.
jk

jonkip.com
sent from my MacBook Pro, while I was on the land line phone
no facebook, no linkedin, I've not written any books, have made no CD's, have no stock in the Precision Metal Company of Chicago, who provided the piano wire....but I will, in a day or so, have 80 cover supports for sale individually on Ebay.