[Harp-L] Re: Review: X-Reed Harmonica

Elizabeth Hess wrote about the X-Reed Harps.
  Elizabeth said: I recently bought an X-Reed harmonica (www.X-Reed.com), in the key of A.  I'm absolutely delighted with it......snip........ Out of the box, 2-draw on my X-Reed harp was more airy than the other notes, and I have cautiously adjusted the gapping on the active reeds in that chamber to make it more consistent.
  Bob Harty replied that he has 3 X-Reed harps, each with different comb material - plastic, brass, and aluminum.

  Elizabeth, I just went to x-reed.com to review the offerings & costs.  I've never played an SUB30 and would like the benefit of your experience.
Great - I see that these X-reed harps include their OverValve reed plate, but am surprised that u still had to gap your new harp.
  From the website, I assume that your new alum. comb harp has round holes. What do think of the round holes vs. the traditional square
holes, regarding feel and playability?
  I tend to play somewhat melodically, and at gigs tend to play Country tuned harps as much as I play standard tuned harps.  Do you think
that it would behoove me to order a CT harp vs. traditional tuning, or in your opinion would the new & increased bendability preclude the need
(or benefit) for a CT harp?
  Lastly, is there a difference in playability vs. the various comb materials.  Obviously there is going to be a difference in feel (or - gasp! tone),
weight, etc, but is there an advantage other than that?  I'm trying to keep the cost down.
 Thanks in advance,
Ron - FL Keys