[Harp-L] Born in Chicago documentary, Delmark Records

    For blues lovers; list member Charles Faron called my attention to the
new documentary release, "Born in Chicago".  Here's a link to the film and
the trailer: http://www.siskelfilmcenter.org/borninchicago.
   Also of interest to blues and jazz fans; occasionally folks from our
list request information for upcoming Chicago visits.  One place I would
strongly recommend a pilgrimage to would be the Jazz Record Mart, home to
one of the world's largest selections of blues and jazz recordings.  And
also home to Delmark Records.  Owner Bob Koester has been recording blues
and jazz groups for 60 years  and still works in the store.  Here's a
recent piece on the man with some interesting insights into the music
business, downloading, and the "Hoodoo Man Blues" recording Mr. Koester did
with Junior Wells:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-14/entertainment/ct-ent-0515-jazz-delmark-20130515_1_delmark-records-alligator-records-bob-koester
.

Mick Zaklan