 From: Music Cal <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Tuning down

Thanks Winslow and Harp-l gang

I am lusting after a Saxony in augmented tuning starting on low E. Unfortunately the Seydel HarpConfigurator will not give me what I want over the whole range of the harp. Fortunately the low E tuning gets closer than any other choice of starting note. Out-of-the-box the first two holes would have reeds that need to be tuned down by a half step, whole step and minor third. At the 12th hole one note would need to be tuned up a half step.

What do think? Think it is worth it?

MusiCal

Minor third is no problem. Not sure what the practical limit would be; a wild guess might be about a tritone.