[Harp-L] New James Cotton cd

Had a chance to listen to James Cotton's new Cd on the Alligator website http://www.alligator.com/albums/Cotton-Mouth-Man/ and it sounds strangely like he is playing through an amp modeling pedal. The tone of the harp has that compressed sound inherent in pedals like the Digitech. What do you hear? amp or digital emulator? Not that it really matters. I just feel like starting a thread. I was listening to it through a pa connected to my computer.

btw, I wrote an instrumental last year dedicated to Cotton roughly based on his song "The Creeper".
I originally called it "Pickin' Cotton" but my band mates thought it had racial undertones so the bassist came up with the
title, "Cottonmouth". Strange coincidence. At least Cotton's song title is slightly different. Cotton mouth Man.

Mike
www.harmonicarepair.com