[Harp-L] re: When Did Fast Become Good?

I couldn't agree with Robert more. I have felt that way about the guitar for a long time. I can appreciate the skill involved, but to me, there's little or no emotion in speed playing. As I've said about guitar playing for a long time, "A single, well placed bent note, can speak to my soul way better than 1000 fast ones". The same goes for harp to me, a sweet vibrato anytime over high speed! It's not that I don't wonder how it can be done, I've always thought John Popper was for another planet, but I'd just rather listen to a soulful, slow blues, myself. Just my humble opinion!
Lare Sattler   The Little Chicago Band   Canton Ohio