Re: [Harp-L] Huey Lewis

Never heard him play harp. The lad ain't half bad is he? Dug the git/steel dood too.

When Huey Lewis and the News hit big with Sports 30 years ago I heard little spots of harmonica on a number of songs. The way it was used on those recordings made it clear to me that he knew exactly what he was doing - not a single showy note, just a musician adding what he could to the ensemble. Simple simple simple.

Kind of like what Lee Oskar added to War.

The guitarist? John McFee. Check out his Wikipedia entry. After Clover he went on to play one truckloads of hits and classic recordings.