[Harp-L] Re: SPAH Blues Blowdown - Mojo Red

Ken, plans are well under way for a Tuesday night blues  blowoff to take
place prior to the official start of the  SPAH convention.  The blowoff date
is August 13, convention  activities start officially on Wed Aug 14.
Nothing finalized enough to announce yet but count on it taking  place.  Just
finishing up hiring the company to do the sound at the  convention hotel and
will now be turning more attention to the  details for Tuesday evening.  Give
me a call amigo and I'll fill you  in a bit more.

There's been confusion in the past about this event, although held in
conjunction with SPAH it is not an official SPAH function.   Started many years
ago by Jason Ricci, it's always a world  class who's who showcase, if you
dig blues harmonica it's a 'must  attend'.  Held in a venue away from the host
hotel,  there's typically a $10 cover which is separate from SPAH
registration  fees.  With the lineup that's always been in the room it would be a
bargain at $25.  Also looking into some sort of shuttle to/from the  hotel, no
info on that yet.

Last year I arrived on Monday, the hotel was already jumpin' with harmonica
 players, come early if you can!

Christopher Richards
Staging and Production - SPAH