[Harp-L] Ford Brothers…Center Stage

Hello Harmonica friends…

I have not posted in a very long time…
but always enjoy all the different postings of various people you all enjoy.

I stumbled on this 2006 video of the Ford Brothers…blues band with Robben and Mark Ford….
They don't play around here these days…
I was not sure Mark was even still playing…

It was really nice to see this well made production from one of their home bases…in Chico…Ca
back in the mid 80's I helped produce some Harmonica shows in Chico…with the late, great Ralph Shine
my mentor…and brother of the Harp…He recorded at Pat Ford's studio.

Here we have a loving reunion tribute…to that era…still sounding good…and with all their sidemen present…
wish I could have been there….
Without over blows…Mark gets his point across…and has his own style…I love the Drama in his playing…
In his day, his Rock/jazz/ blues band packed the dance clubs with more women than men….
I don't know any blues bands that do that these days…
It's a very long piece but has some interesting interviews…with our West Coast Blues Brothers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=4UpOSjgSqOg

Hope you like it…

Grant Walters...