Re: [Harp-L] Don Les "Harmonica Boogie"

You have to wait to the minute-forty mark to hear Don's amazing diatonic on
'Harmonica Boogie'. The rest, not wishing to be unkind, is going to sound a
bit stodgy
to ears accustomed to Little Walter etc. I find Don's playing on things
like 'After you've gone', 'All of Me' etc. much more interesting. Even
though he plays like a hot clarinet player here,
if I want harmonica boogies, I can get 'em anywhere (yawn) I'm more
interested to hear Don's playing over the changes. On a C harp, Bb, F,
C,D,E, A, D and G chords can all be arpeggiated with NO OVERBLOWING,
but nobody ever bothers just playing the damn thing in 1st (what it was
designed to do best) and running those changes. Now I'm not great at it,
but I'm trying. Anyone else out there in harmonica land?
RD

--
Rick Dempster
EÃâÅResources/Serials