Subject: [Harp-L] Sugar Blue

This is a TERRIFIC article, Mick. I have a special soft spot for
Sugar..he's long been a facebook friend of mine which segued into a more  personal
relationship - with Ilaria too (who's an absolute doll of a person as  well as
a heckuva great bass player), so it's especially nice to find out  they're
going to be parents--and that their soon-to-be son will be as much of a
'road-gypsy' as they both are. For reasons out of my control I hadn't been
catching up with FB in a long while, so missed this latest news  although I
knew I needed to respond to Sugar's 'poking'.<G> (If you're not  on facebook
don't worry--it's nothing untoward).

You couldn't find a happier couple--Ilaria's a medical doctor in her native
 Italy besides being Blue's long-time bassist and their wedding at Rosa's
in  Chicago brought a lot of stories 'full circle'. Ilaria even played their
gig  that night in her wedding gown. Now they're moving on to yet another
chapter in  Sugar's life. He's sure come a long way from his roots as a wee
boy from  Harlem, NY - to Paris and that amazing harmonica on the Stones
records  including 'Miss You', to Pocketful of Soul (it was great to see and hear
him in  the Movie) and now to this exploration of jazz.

I've been hearing his jazz-y influences and riffs for a while and am
personally thrilled he's feeling free enough to head off in that direction with
his weekly gig there. Makes me think that for Sugar and Ilaria 'the future's
so  bright they gotta wear shades'. :)

Most appreciative of your posting this article. Howard Reich sure does seem
 to appreciate harmonica and its players. Great stuff indeed.

Elizabeth

Message: 2