[Harp-L] chromatic harmonica lessons in SF Bay Area- April-May

HI... several people have in the past, emailed me, wanting to have lessons on chromatic harmonica while I was up in Berkeley... I never had enough time to do that... Now, it turns out I'm going to be up there for several months starting in late April. If any of you remember better than I do, who you are, and still want to get together, I'm fine with doing that.

I've studied the chromatic harmonica with Tommy Morgan for the last ten years or so, and played woodwinds for studio work in LA since 1971....so I probably  have a lot to offer to a small subset of chromatic harmonica owners. My interests are in Jazz, mostly, but The Basics are the same, no matter what you want to play.

The goal, as always, is to become a musician who plays harmonica, rather than becoming a harmonica player.

Sorry I forgot the three or four people who wanted to get together... but if you happen to read this, send me a note and we can work something out. I'm sorry I didn't keep track of you...

I got lucky in having worked with Tommy in the studios here for decades,  as a sax, clarinet, oboe, flute player, and the last ten years of lessons with him and actually paying attention to his playing have been a gift.

No reason not to pass some of his stuff on to interested people.... and it might make your paths easier. After doing this stuff for 45 yrs or so, I've learned how to learn, and perhaps can pass it on.

A lot can be accomplished in a couple of months.

and I suspect we'll both learn something.

And if, reading this, you're asking "who the heck is this guy, what the heck does he know?"

that's a good question, and I often ask it of myself.

http://jonkip.com
jon kip
player of music, mostly written by dead people and played on a toy that everybody's Uncle has the good sense to keep safely out of sight in a drawer.