Re: [Harp-L] Re: Lone Wolf Harp break pedal and Sonny Jnr Super Cruncher

"Randy Landry - Lone Wolf Blues Co." wrote:
<After reading Richard Hunter's description of the Harp Break I feel
<compelled to respond. Richard writes the following.

(etc...)

<I respect Richard but due to his limited knowledge of and experience with my
<products he is not accurately describing the Harp Break. The Harp Break is
<not an amp modeler and it has more than one function.

Thanks Randy for correcting my comments. while the Harp Break is not an amp modeler, I think it's essentially true that players use the Harp Break to get a similar outcome to one they'd get from an amp modeler--i.e., big amped tone from a stompbox.  It's also true that the harp Break, the additional functions included, is a relatively simple device compared to an amp modeler like the Digitech RP (which includes potentially includes any or all of wah, compression, distortion, amp modeling, cab modeling, EQ, noise gate, modulation FX, delay, and reverb, in that order). I sent a guy to Randy last year for exactly that reason--he wanted something very simple.

I like having one box on the floor that does everything.  If I used a Harp Break, to get my sounds, I'd have to surround it with a delay, reverb, pitch shifter, etc., etc.--in other words, a whole FX chain.  I can see from the comments on this thread so far that some players do exactly that.  And that's fine.  Like I said before, we're lucky to have these choices.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick