Re: re [Harp-L] New technique

Seems like this email bounced...sorry if you've got it twice.....I was
going to add, anyway, that the tongue switch came pretty naturally to me. I
do think a lot of those mouth things are genetic. I know people
who aren't particularly skilled on the harp, but can do odd little things I
can't re-create. Viva la difference!

Whoa! Questions like that make me feel old!....can't remember....learned
vamping & fox chase stuff back in my late teens and early twenties...tongue
switching probably late twenties.
I'm 60 now, so it was quite surprising for me to come up with this at such
a late stage. Great thing about music is you never run out of things to
learn.
The tongue stuff isn't for everyone, and some of my favourite players don't
do it at all. The old-time vamping and fox-chase stuff is a good way to
approach the tongue block/switch.
Thanks for the thumbs-up!
RD

--