[Harp-L] Re: Saxony and the HarpConfigurator

Although Seydel will make a Fourkey "LeGato" Chromatic in the key of C on
their Deluxe model, the Configurator leaves #10 and #12 blow holes blank on
the Saxony.   A5 and D6 are needed at the holes, but the closest the
Configurator can get is A#5 and D#6.   If you move the key of the harp up
to D, the Configurator has no problem filling all the holes.  But I would
prefer a key of C Saxony LeGato, so I wrote Bertram asking if Seydel can
manually retune those two reeds.    He's out-of-office this week, so I'm
still waiting for an answer.

It is odd, though that they won't offer Wholetone tuning in any key, but
have no problem offering it in several keys on the Deluxe.   Maybe its
still just a matter of they don't have all the necessary stainless steel
reeds available yet, but will get them at some future date.