[Harp-L] got amp, now what?

I picked up a Fender Champ clone, a one-knob little tube amp with a ten-inch speaker. I like the sound and it's portable. (I have a little VOX DA5 and another weighty amp and wanted something in-between.)

OK, but it has no built in tone controls, no effects, and the volume could use a kick. So... what should I be looking for to augment my sound with this amp? Should I be looking at a pre-amp (Harp attack)? Delay or Reverb pedals?

Any help appreciated,

John