[Harp-L] RE: IMS-II

Hi Brian,

I buy my IMS-II at The Restaurant Supply Store (that's the name of the
place).  I used to buy it from the local Hobart dealer, but TRSS has a
better price and I get other supplies I need there as well.  It is a
commercial sanitizing product widely used in the food service industry,
so any commercial food/beverage equipment dealer or restaurant supply
store should carry it.  Many HVAC companies also stock it, and use it to
disinfect evaporator coils.

You can also buy it on-line. Here's a couple links....
http://www.gsistore.com/nu42imsaco.html
http://www.hvacpartsource.com/S1_421134_SANITIZER_IMS_II_CONCENTRATE_16_
OZ_M12_p/s1-421134.htm
http://www.patriot-supply.com/products/manufacturer_detail.cfm?manu_id=1
60&startRow=41

Accordingly to the EPA, the same fomula is sold under many brand names,
including ZEP.  For a complete list scroll down to the bottom of this
page:
http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Product.jsp?REG_NR=00183900050&DIST_
NR=065516

Don't let the classification scare you.  It's only registered as a
pesticide because it kills fungi and bacteria.  The product is approved
by the NSF, and is completely non-toxic and safe for use in food service
equipment.  The instructions say there's no need to rinse afterward, but
I do anyway.  I don't like leaving anything inside my harps.

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,
Pat Powers