Re: [Harp-L] Kobitone 25LM022 Crystal Element

I didn't know that shaker was making their own crystal cartridges.  Growing cystals is expensive and complicated.  I'm surprised that shaker would be able to afford such an undertaking.
David Pearce

-----Original Message-----

From: Timothy Kane <hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx>
To: David Pearce <harpdog123@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Mar 15, 2013 8:11 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Kobitone 25LM022 Crystal Element

I don't know the answer to either thing. Have you written Mouser customer service?

At any rate....I somewhat hope Kobitone HAS discontinued them. Maybe it'll finally force Hohner into looking for a slightly better quality crystal like the ones Shaker uses. Or better yet...start using ceramic or dynamic elements of some quality design.

                          Hawkeye Kane
                                                                                                 hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx
                                                                                                     Cell: (217)-741-7183
                                                                                                    http://www.hawkeyekane.com/