Re: [Harp-L] One harp, Many keys

On 3/11/13 11:19 PM, Robert Hale wrote:
DigiTech Whammy DTV-01 ($300 on linehttp://bit.ly/XlYvhL)

Demo looks like I could use ONE HARP, and play easily in ALL KEYS! Hmmm...

I think this would be tough to do. The cognitive dissonance of hearing one key in your head vs what the amplified sounds were would be tough to resolve. Then there's the actual dissonance, you've get a Bb harmonica in your mouth and your amplified sound is in C. Ouch. This also doesn't really solve the real problem of the diatonic harmonica in that you'd get the notes and the chording but you still wouldn't be able to play chromatically. Now that would be ironic, playing in all keys non chromatically. I see why it would be an interesting pedal for a guitar though. fjm