[Harp-L] Re: Re: Hohner thunderbird

Dennis wrote:
Perhaps, we should start a writing campaign to Mr. Suzuki.  I am sure he is not oppose to making more money if he knows that there is a market out there for low tuned and minor key harmonicas.

Steve comments:
"Making more money" LOL? It's very hard for harmonica manufacturers "make money" at all on low tuned or minor key instruments. The quantities involved are far too small. On the contrary, manufacturing costs per unit with such small production runs are much higher. In addition, to make low tuned harps that don't rattle, it's necessary to modify the bottom cover. The conical lower cover on the Thunderbird took months to develop and required considerable investment in tools.

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.european-music-workshops.com
www.harmonica-masters.de