Re: [Harp-L] carry on bags, airports security, and harp gear question

David, I carry on a modified clarinet case. I open it up and lay the upper tray of 18 diatonics in the plastic bin with my other loose junk, The case is open and goes through with the chromatics and mic in the bottom in plain sight. If anything, they may want you to open your carry on.

The only thing they ever tried to confiscate is my straight razor (dumb me). So I dropped out of line, mailed it home from a postal kiosk, and returned to the line. Then bought a disposable at my destination. lolol

smo-joe