[Harp-L] Re: St Louis This Aug

"Are there any extra-curricular harmonica events in St. Louis this  August
that would make it worth arriving early or staying on after  SPAH?"

I arrived for the last SPAH on Monday and was astounded at how many  people
were already hanging around the hotel.  It was sort of a mini-SPAH,  with
reunions, new acquaintances, impromptu playing in the lobby &  hallways...
Then there's the off property Tuesday night blues  blowoff.  It's not an
official SPAH event but always sure to  please if your tastes run in that
direction. The hotel pretty  much clears out on Sunday, mostly a lot of goodbyes
among friends  old & new who haven't had enough sleep for the last several
nights.
There's of course the Arch and other tourist attractions, I  imagine a
visit to the St Louis Chamber of Commerce website would reveal  much.  Or maybe
an inquiry to the host club or a local blues  society?  Either one might
know of other harmonica events  before or after the convention.  A quick web
search revealed  stlouisbluessociety.org

Christopher Richards
Stage Manager - SPAH  spah.org
Soul' Proprietor - Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones   harmonicaplanet.com
Harmonica and Vocals - The Well Diggers   harmonicaplanet.com