Re: [Harp-L] How to make your own harmonica valves easily, cheaply, and effectively at home.

Dean, thank you! Yes, I think you are on to something with the idea for incorporating an "inherant" curl when mating the two layers of tape together. I actually experimented with that when I made my last series of valves (last night actually), and so far I think it's working a little better! It was too late to incorporate into the video, however, which I actually shot a couple of weeks back, but haven't had time to edit and upload until the last couple of days.
I just "arched" the tape with my fingers while mating it, but your idea
to use a tube is a really good one. I will have to try that next time!

Also, I just want to say "thank you" to Robert Hale and to Smokey-Joe for their kind comments as well! Glad to be of service! :)

~Isaac (One Harp)

- It should have good moisture-resistant property. In terms of valve curling, it would be
interesting to join two tapes together on a curved surface; e.g., a 4â or 5â-dia. tube, so that the finished double-sided
tape has a build-in, natural and durable curvature.