[Harp-L] Re: Hohner Discovery 48 with 270 chromonica reed plates

Regarding enlarging the holes in the reedplates and tapping the threads,
one option might be to get the reamer that Seydel sell and use that to
enlarge the holes rather than drilling (I couldn't see the reamer listed
individually in the tools on the seydel site but it could be worth asking
if they can sell it to you as a seperate item - I got mine from harponline
years ago but the seydel one is exactly the same).  It's very easy to use,
you just mount it in the holder, insert it into the hole you need to
enlarge and twist until the hole's the right size - i.e when the hole on
the top plate is large enough for the screw to slip through and the bottom
hole just slightly smaller than the screw, that's assuming that the pin
holes on the chromonica plates correspond to the holes on the discovery
comb. Seydel also sell the stainless steel reedplate screws they use on the
saxony, which you could use as a self tapping screw and might be better
than the brass one's that hohner use because they would be less likely to
break, if you don't have a tap to make the threads.  I've got an old
chromonica with a dead reed in it that I will revive with a discovery comb
and a new reed at some point and thought that this is how I thought I would
do it