[Harp-L] SPAH hotel news - good news/bad news - Act now!

if you're coming to the SPAH convention next month and want to stay in the hotel at the SPAH special room rates, you need to act now.

Make sure to reserve you hotel room before midnight, Central Time on Sunday, June 30.

The good news is that attendance at the 2013 SPAH convention may well set a record!

The bad news is that the hotel is running out of space. It's a big hotel and they initially  promised us a good number of rooms consistent with our usual needs, but we've zoomed way past that number, and we're working with them day by day to continue meeting our needs while they meet any other obligations they may have.

For the moment, we can still book rooms at the guaranteed rate until the end of Sunday. After that, we don't know whether we can get our room block increased again.

So if you haven't made your reservation yet and are planning to come, do it now!

You can book your room at the $95 SPAH hotel rate in one of two ways:

==Call the reservation number at 1-800-468-3571   (Don't call the local hotel number; they won't be able to give you the special rate)

==Book online using this link:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/stlsa-renaissance-st-louis-airport-hotel/?toDate=8/18/13&groupCode=socsoca&stop_mobi=yes&fromDate=8/11/13&app=resvlink

If you're interested in sharing rooms or rides, SPAH has a board set up to help interested parties hook up with room and ride shares:

http://boards.spah.org

though you could also make share inquiries here and on other harmonica discussion lists.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance