Re: [Harp-L] Cheap/Huang => so harp became a rich man's game (?)

Hi Bart,

Didn't realize you were a banjo player, and certainly no offense meant. My brother is a semi-pro bluegrass banjo picker, so I guess I've just gotten into the habit of typing the word <shudder> every time I type the word "banjo." I'm afraid it's Pavlovian at this point. :-)

Anyways wishing you much luck in your endeavors. In harmonica and banjo, you're covering two of the four most universally reviled instruments; now there's only accordion and bagpipes left to conquer...

cheerio,
TBall

Tom,
thanks for clearing things up!

Btw. I liked your <shudder> just before the 'banjos'. Don't know if that was
accidental, or if you looked up my occupation first, but I've been trying to
make a living for 23 years now in the Blue Grass Boogiemen playing the 5
string banjo :-)  In Harp-L I read about 'the harmonica not being taken
seriously' and stuff, well <grin> I'm playing 2 of those instruments (banjo
ánd harmonica).
"Very nice banjo-playing boy, but why don't you play a serious instrument
like guitar or saxophone"

Cheers!
Bart
www.bluegrassboogiemen.nl