[Harp-L] Cheap Harps

I have found out the hard way that harmonicas are -like welding rods -
consumables. They start to go bad from the time you blow your first beery
breath into them.

The late and legendary F R Farrell was not kidding when he said that the guy
who could not fix his own harmonica could not afford to play one.

My own first choice of Blues harp would be a Seydel Session Steel with the
stainless steel reeds. They seem to play well "out of the box" and can take
a fair bit of hardship.

When Rick Epping was asked a few years ago at the Willie Clancy School to
recommend a starter harmonica, he suggested the Hohner Special 20 as a good
place to start. I would go along with that.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana