Re: [Harp-L] re: Huang harps

"Oh..trust me Martin, I agree with you 100%. I always agree with you."

Why, Joseph, that just about makes you unique in the Universe! You really ought to get sent a can of fermented Swedish herring as a token of my appreciation. (Bit of an acquired taste perhaps. It smells just ... divinely as you open it. -- But alas, it wouldn´t get through American customs.)

"You may have gotten new old stock from Rich. I think the earlier ones were better than the later ones."

OK, maybe I´ve been lucky with my Huangs. Should by the laws of statistics happen even to me sometime. But please note that in my rather un-scientific test of those four harmonicas, the cheapo Huang took the cake -- thin sound aside (but it´s loud enough). And it still is living. A not un-important aspect for us neo-pauperists.

Otherwise, like you, when it comes down to the nitty gritty I tend to go for the S 20´s -- and of course I see the value of good tools. Concord rules here.

(Also, excellent points -- as well as excellent playing! -- from list-member Bart van Strien; and Todd P. No need to repeat them.)

All the best,
/Martin