[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 118, Issue 57

Hi, I'm new to the list and enjoying it quite a bit. I have no music training, but have played harp since Woodstock and an president of a 60-year music nonprofit, Songmakers.org, with 400 members. I just purchased my first Meisterklasse and love it. They can be bought used on action through Ebay for in the $40s. I also just purchased my first Lee Oscar reed plates, in B-flat, and put them on a Lee Oscar C- harp body. It works, but is not very responsive. Is it possible I tightened the screws too much? I don't think they are stripped because they don't turn easily, but I did use a lot of pressure because I was worried the harp would not be air-tight, and it looks like the air-space I see at the back may be slightly narrower than my other Lee Oskars.
Thanks, Steve Berman