Re: [Harp-L] Cheap harps

I dont see that as serving to discourage, I would say playing nothing but
cheap harps would be discouraging enough, I was living up on the isle of
Iona a couple of years ago and had next to no cash coming in, I really
needed a new D harp and ate nothing but rice and potatoes for over a week
just to free up enough cash to get a decent harp, Maybe its just me but I
get no pleasure trying to play on a sub standard harp ( I need all the help
I can get !! ;-) ) I would also say starting youngsters off on cheap crappy
harps is wrong, they will probably lose interest pretty fast when they cant
get a note out of the 2 draw,cant hold a bend, ect ect . Much better they
have 1 decent harp than a set of cheap rubbish. I`m with Joe , I just dont
agree with going the cheap and nasty route. I`m not saying get all customs,
just special 20`s. Marine bands and harps in that price range

Gary