âRE: [Harp-L] Cheap harps

I am not a fan of cheap harps. I am also a fan of them. Sometimes you have
to rub 2 sticks together to start a fire when you don't have matches or a
lighter. Cheap harps have their place. There is no other instrument that
you can "check out" for under 10 bucks. They may not be "playable" to most
of us here but fact is you blow and notes come out and you draw and notes
come out. The fuel for buying a better harp is dealing with a starter harp
for many. I also believe that a harp like a BluesBand (Hohner) with a comb
very similar to the Special 20 is a great way to get the feel. SINGLE notes
and easy breathing are fundamentals that need to be worked on for a while.
How the harp wails and cooks out of the box really isn't that important to
the beginner IMO. Nice clean unbent single notes can be had on most all low
end harps from harp manufacturers (not plastic toys).

WB