[Harp-L] what's the best harp

There is no easy answer to the best harp question.

What's best for you will probably not be best for me.

Somebody once said an entry level harp was a good harp, but he was a tongue blocker. That model never really worked for me because I was a purser (at the time). For me that model couldn't take the percussive attack of pursing.

I heard any years ago that Oriental harps were easier to bend than German ones. I found that true with Huangs and Lee Oskars. Compared to Hohners.

But it all boils down to personal preference.

Which explains why people who has been playing harmonica for more than 6 months have a drawer full of harps. That's because they buy a new one every time a new line comes out to see if they like it.