From: Robert <harmonicaman1968@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 21 June 2013, 22:51
Subject: [Harp-L] Amp Mods

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever done any mods on a Pignose G60VR. It's a 60W tube amp using 2 - 6L6's in the final amp stage and 4 12AX7's before that. One of the 12AX7's is for the spring reverb. I'm not sure what each of the other 3 do, besides pre-amp stuff, but I do have a schematic, and can understand it to some extent.

Eventually, I want to swap out some of the original Chinese parts, like the tubes and the speaker.

It's got a high-low switch that cuts out half of the first pre-amp tube on low, and jacks for an effects loop. 4 and 8 ohm outputs for different speaker combos. One twelve inch speaker in the box.

I'm not up on which tubes would be most advisable, or which speaker. It's a very clean amp, not much breakup as designed from the factory. For guitar, it's great. For harp, not as much, yet.