Re: [Harp-L] Next Harp -- standard E

This is of course the personal question whether liking certain keys or not -- but I must say that tunes in B are pretty common; and harmonica players who like to play in second position are, well, legion. E is not a bad harp to have, rather expressive in the first two octaves.

  And standard E harp have been good to me at times. Strangely enough -- it´s a half-tone --  F is my breaking point, where I go down an octave or (preferably) move to a G or C harp. Never played an F that I liked but several E´s.

The only key I´ve so far never encountered in a live context (jam, gig whatever) is F#. Occasionally on records but not frequent. Would in the usual scheme of things mean a B harp -- but mine rarely gets touched, despite that fact that you have E in 12th.

  Maybe we ought to start a support group for this neglected key?
  Some people see keys in colours, and then I guess F# is ... pink. Perhaps with greyish spots.

/Martin

PS There´s one Taj Mahal record where I think every tune is in F# and that´s a glaring exception -- also a bit boring.