[Harp-L] JohnnieHarp Circular Tuning Variation

JohnnieHarp Circular Tuning Variation

This might not be original but I haven't seen this tuning variation
mentioned before. I came up with it shortly after "blu-tacking" a harmonica
from richter to circular almost three years ago. The original motivation to
try circular was a lifelong inability to get comfortable with richter
tuning and TruChromatic Jim's youtube vid on circular tuning.

In the vid (and on his Harpomatic
http://www.truechromatic.com/harp-o-matic.php ) Jim shows a C maj circular
as having a Bb rather than B necessitating a 4 draw bend to play the B note
required in the C maj scale. Therefore, starting on 2 draw (F) the harp
plays in F major with no bends. 2 blow is a semitone down (E) in this
configuration. It bugged me that I couldn't bend the 2 draw more so changed
the 2 blow to D from E, the 1 draw to C from D and the 1 blow to A from C
giving three full octaves with lots of bendability on 1 and 2 draw.

Two other things of note; those who prefer not to overblow can valve the
draw reed plate to allow for easy blow bendability giving full
chromaticity. Also, my preferred harmonica due to my embouchure (both
tongue block and lip purse) is the Suzuki Harpmaster. The extra weighting
of the tips of the reeds with blutack to create a circular configuration,
makes overblowing easier for those so inclined.

I'm interested to hear how other circular players find my tuning alteration
on holes 1 and 2.