Re: [Harp-L] Why Musicians Hate Harp Players

I have always cared less what people think when it comes to my musical
taste and instrument of choice. I think the only thing worse than the
things people say about "us" is the big chip on the harmonica worlds
shoulders. Respect comes from within. The rest is just BS and opinion.

Final thought: we can be so self absorbed and wanting respect that we don't
see the trees in the forest. Every instrument has poor players and horrible
train wrecks abound. Have you ever been in a Guitar Center on a Saturday
afternoon? With all of the "respect" that the guitar has gotten over the
years do we really believe that no hacks and ignorant players buy those
axes? My guess is for every 100 guitars sold maybe a handful of those
players will get respect. The rest: will feel like harmonica players with
strings attached.

WB