[Harp-L] Single mic vocal + harp setup?

I have a new musical project, playing acoustically with a single singer-songwriter-guitar-player. I'm singing backup in addition to playing harp.
I'd rather use a single mic for singing and harp; most likely an SM58 since that's my cleanest. I'd think that one EQ would do, but I potentially need two or three sound levels:

- Vocal harmonies

- Harmonica lead and fills
- Harmonica harmonies - our arrangements involve occasionally playing harp behind some of the vocals. I normally would steer away from this, but with only two musicians we think it could add colour at times.

We are experimenting ourselves, but I'd be interested in comparing notes with anyone who's more experienced with this situation even if it is for a completely different setup. FYI, I have one of Greg's volume controls, so that's an option. Two mics is also an option, but that's fiddly. Changing my distance from the mic is an option, but I'm not sure that's the way the mic is designed. Am I over-thinking this?

Thanks for any counsel offered,

Richard