Re: [Harp-L] Jean-Jacques Milteau's pedal board

Robert Koch wrote:
<It's on my blog:
<http://juke-myharmonicablog.blogspot.fr
<Translation app is on the upper right corner.
<Mr Hunter, any comment?

Since I've been asked...

I'm sure it's a good-sounding rig, especially with Jean-Jacques Miltaud playing through it.  Beyond that, there's about $850-900 worth of hardware on that board, along with 5 electrical connections.  Not the most complicated setup I've seen, but it's still a lot of stuff to plug in, with a fairly steep price tag.

The FX on the board include distortion (as opposed to amp modeling--in functional terms, it's pretty similar), octave doubling, delay, and EQ.  All of that is available simultaneously in a Digitech RP 355 (plus reverb, a noise gate, a rotary speaker emulation, vibrato, flanging, etc., and an expression pedal, none of which are available in the Milteau rig) for less than $200 retail.

I was pretty stoked when the tracks I recorded with my RP made it into episode 19 of "Copper", the BBC series that play in the USA on BBC America.  (See http://www.hunterharp.com/recording-copper-episode-19-an-rp255-and-a-fireball-v-does-it/.) The RP is for me the single most indispensable piece of my kit, and the simplest all-in-one solution for the vast majority of my gigs.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick