[Harp-L] Record Keeping

Elizabeth Hess wrote:It occurs to me that down the road I might want to know when a harp was last tuned or worked on....snip....Do any of you have schemes to keep track of what you've done to which harp and when?

I write on the reed plates with a fine tip magic marker the work that i've done, and often the date.  "E" with a check mark means half-embossed; "E" with two check marks means embossed all the way to the rivet end.  And I usu. mark and date the slots that I have replaced the reeds.