[Harp-L] Virtual jams?

I've done quite a few of these over the years.
Bitstream Boogie Live at the Juke Joint
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVHoNhiowVA was with me in Tokyo and Piano
player in Toronto

SynaesthAsia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9tHo2JEs8 was me in Tokyo and
an electronic wind player in Taiwan

International jams have their own set of issues with latency, but if you
listen closely you will hear that the style of these is designed to
incorporate this, as you cannot obviously do tight arrangements even with
good with latency compensation.
These used ninjam http://www.cockos.com/ninjam/

That said there are a few technical options now for doing this, and
depending on your bandwidth, network, and physical distance between players
it can be close.
Quality of sound is better with dedicated tools rather than skype or google+
which are using voice protocols, not really suited to music.

I'm actually the process of adding some networking to http://harpninja.com
but this is more for some call & response gameplay than jamming as in above.
Hope that helps!

Paul Cohen aka Komuso Tokugawa
Shibuya-Ku
Tokyo, Japan