Re: [Harp-L] Bass Harp cleaning question

Buck,

First of all... you can disassemble the whole instrument, pick out / clean
out the food particles and dried saliva from the wood comb, and clean up
the reed plates.   But... if you hear a note out of tune, basses do not
tune like diatonics.  There is a process to tuning bass reeds where you
blow them together, measure the sum intonation, then check and adjust
individual reeds as needed.

George

*George Miklas,* Harmonica Performing Artist and
Entertainer<http://harmonicagallery.com/>

*THE HARMONICA WIZARD MARCH* by John Philip
Sousa<http://harmonicagallery.com/sousa>
-  *Harmonica Repair* Done Right by George<http://harmonicagallery.com/repair>
-  *HOHNER <http://us.playhohner.com/>* *Harmonicas*<http://us.playhohner.com/>
*...Just Breathe* <http://us.playhohner.com/>
*SPAH *- Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica,
<http://spah.org/>a non-profit, membership organization dedicated to
serving the harmonica community. <http://spah.org/>