[Harp-L] Key Stickers

Rick Dempster wrote,

"Yeah Tony....labelling harps so you can see them in  the gloom of a

gig is something that has been incredibly overlooked.

There's a market opportunity there. Wake up, somebody!"

Forgive the shameless self-promotion but one of the reasons my custom combs
and cover plates are popular is they make it easy to identify which harp is
which.  I've been offering acrylic combs for over two years and soon after I
introduced them my customers asked me to make more and more colors.  They
explained that they were creating their own key coding system.  It was a
revelation.  I now offer 16 different colors of acrylic, plus 3 kinds of
wood, 5 colors of Solid Surface, 3 colors of aluminum, several other colors
of "Fancy Acrylic" and Kirinite and I just came out with brass combs for
Marine Bands and Golden Melodys.

The color coding concept led me to start experimenting with powder coating
covers.  I figured if different colored combs help identify the key, why not
just color code the entire harp?  So I now offer up to eight different
powder coated colors for the Hohner Diatonics and three for Suzuki Manji.

There are lots of good reasons to invest in a custom comb.  Helping to
identify the key was not something I anticipated when I started my business
but it has definitely driven sales.  I include key labels with every set of
powder coated covers I sell but I do agree that the piano key stickers are a
great idea.  I just did a search on Amazon and there are bunches of them
available for not much money at all.  Key stickers are a lot less expensive
that buying custom combs and/or covers to be sure.  But the covers and the
comb look better.  My very biased opinion.

If you are curious about some of the stuff I offer, you can visit my website
or you can also view entire libraries of pictures on PhotoBucket.com.

http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/bluemoonharmonicas/library/Blue%20Moon%20P
icture%20Library

Harmonica Creations:
http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/bluemoonharmonicas/library/Harmonica%20Cre