Re: [Harp-L] best outta the box harp to learn over blows is ?

The thing is, once you learn how to OB, you can even do it on a $3 harp.
mostly.

So, if you don't want to spend the $200+ for a custom, there are still some
good choices. You asked for out of the box, after all. I can only speak for
Hohner, as I haven't played anything from another maker in a decade. For
$30 or so, a Special 20 is a nice playing harp, and you can usually get OB
4,5, and 6 out of the box pretty easily. Double that price, and you get a
Crossover, which I've become very fond of (thanks, Dave M, wherever you
are!). Damn close to a custom, that harp.

 - Blake

--
*http://www.46long.com*
*