Re: [Harp-L] SPAH awards criteria

Richard Hunter wrote:

My question has always been: why are the names of nominees not published?

Instead of us all burning lots of brain cycles on side issues, why not just answer the question?

====

And my answer has always been: We'll take up the matter after the convention, when we have time.

I brought up the idea of publicizing nominees during the awards reform process in 2010. The board decided not to institute that practice.

I'm wiling to revisit it, but first I want to hear from more than one person. I want more input, and I want the board and staff involved.

Someone may have valid reasons not to do it, and I welcome them to speak up - just don't expect a snap decision in your favor just because you've expressed your opinion.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick