[Harp-L] re arp-L] Lester Butler

>Hi guys, I was just wondering if I was the only member of this list who
has never heard of Lester Butler? I am 59, so I don't know why  I had
never heard of him. I >found a great performance of him and the Red
Devils while I was looking for William Clarke videos.

Don´t know if you´re the only one who´s never heard of him. He came to my attention some 10, 15 years ago and I bought a record, but didn´t think much of it. He appeared like a run of the mill player, nothing original and I put the disc back on the shelf.

  Then I listened again a couple of years back, as I happened to hear a R L Burnside track with a persistent harmonica riff by Lester B, and I realized that although he still scores zero originality points, what he does he does with a certain solidity that´s very much to the general service of the song. No flash, but really efficient in its economy.
/Martin