[Harp-L] Pre SPAH Blues Blowoff info

For first timers to SPAH, if you enjoy the blues this is a  true bucket
list type of event.

As previously noted, John Nemeth will host the  blowoff.  John is in demand
on the festival circuit,  he has tour obligations and won't be able to
attend the  convention... this is the only spot you'll be able to see  him in St
Louis.  Come early, he goes on 'first' at 7:25pm, and then  serves as
emcee.  The excellent house band, The St Louis  Social Club, might start as early
as 7pm... by all accounts comprised of a who's  who of the St Louis blues
scene.

Here's the first half of the lineup:

John Nemeth - Currently nominated for Soul Blues Album of the  Year and
Male Blues Artist of the Year!

Steve Baker - From Germany, representing Hohner  Harmonica and a regular
contributor to this list.

Then... in the interest of the  'Preservation' in SPAH, a traditional
harmonica trio consisting of George  Miklas, Phil Caltabellotta, and Herb Eck.
The  non-SPAH portion of the audience will flip when many for the first time
see  the giant sized chord harp flying  around.

Winslow Yerxa (the SPAH Prez) will say some words about  SPAH and strut his
stuff for a song or two.

Koei Tanaka - Hailing all the  way from Japan, representing Suzuki
Harmonica.

Joe Filisko & Eric Noden... with very special  guest from the heart of the
Cajun country, Jerry Devillier!

Just to keep it interesting I'll wait until next week to  announce the
second half.  As a teaser, I'll say that for the  first time the pre-SPAH
blowoff will include a dedicated Youth  Showcase segment... these young guns are
going to knock your sox  off!  The $15 cover set by the house is slightly
more than  anticipated, but it is an amazing bargain for his  lineup.

Still no free transportation options but I haven't given  up on seeking
something out.  Once again, please chime in if you are  local and think you can
help.

Christopher  Richards
harmonicaplanet.com