Re: [Harp-L] FX processors

Different algorithms creating different tones.  Most multifx are striving
to sound just like an original pedal - warts and all.  So if a pedal was
original glitchy, or noisey, or low-fi, the model tends to be too....or at
least as much as it can.  Very few effects on these units, regardless of
brand, try to sound like upgrades to newer pedals unless they are dirt
pedals.  The masses tend to want vintage sounds for cheap - not the unknown.

My Pitchfactor has an option to intentionally be glitchy on some effects to
emulate old Eventide rack gear because that is what the guitar heroes of
old used.  Personally, I seen zero need.  However, if you compare the tone
of various octavers, the real ones, they each have pros and cons beyond
tracking.  For example, I had a really hard time syncing a POG2 when
looping - there was latency - whereas a cheap Dan Electro Chili Dog worked
great.