[Harp-L] RE: Survey of alternate tuning preferences (for "diatonic" harmonicas).

Hi harmonica friends! If you didn't see my previous e-mail about this, please take a minute to fill out my survey on alternate tunings!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zs3sI0YuX1TBZ7divuxs5D0TZyyZxZE2x6yp3xLwcz8/viewform

I've gotten 36 survey participants so far, and the results can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zs3sI0YuX1TBZ7divuxs5D0TZyyZxZE2x6yp3xLwcz8/viewanalytics ;

So far, it looks like "Scales", "Chords", and "Natural Notes" are the biggest reasons for choosing/creating a particular tuning system, and that "Overbends", "Novelty", and "Octaves" are the least important. Also, it looks like most folks have tried 3 or 4 alternate tunings, but a fair number of us crazy folks have tried 10 or more! :)

FYI, I'd like to get at least a hundred participants so that the results will be as statistically significant as possible*. So, please consider participating if you've got a sec! It won't take longer than 2 minutes, and any and everyone - regardless of age or stage - is welcome to participate!

Thanks everyone!

~Isaac (aka. "One Harp")

*I'm guessing that there are
about 10,000 relatively serious harmonica players in the Western world,
and so 100 responses would get me about a 1% sample... BTW, anyone know
how many Harp-L members there are? How about SPAH members?