[Harp-L] insurance exchanges

Anybody planning on taking advantage of the new insurance exchanges?

 I've always had BC_BS company-paid insurance thanks to the stalwart efforts of my union, the Newspaper Guild. So this does not affect me. But my guitar teachers don't have insurance and pay out of pocket every time they get sick. They are looking forward to it.

As Reagan once said, everybody already has free health care. All they have to do is go to the emergency room. He ought to know. He was the one who signed the law requiring hospitals to treat everybody who walks in the door -- regardless of ability to pay. Only problem, he neglected to provide for paying for all these people's bills.

And what does this have to do with harmonica? Last I checked, most harmonica players without day jobs or working wives didn't have health insurance. Curtis Salgado is the perfect three-time cancer surviver example.