Re: [Harp-L] So, I got to sit in with Blues Traveler the other night...

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
<And here's the vid!
<
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPk8mL3xBGY<

Nice stuff, love the cascade of high notes from both harps beginning around 5:30.  The second harp sounds like it belongs in the band, which is about as good as you can get in a jam.  Mike is playing lower and slower than Popper much of the time, which adds a lot of depth to the overall arrangement, and also makes the second harp clearly audible (though I wish the camera was in a little closer so we could really tell who's playing what).  Must have been a high point for this show.  The band sounds in good form too.  Kudos to all involved.

Is all that stuff about Mike being a friend of Rob Lowe's true?

Regards, RH

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick